• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Huawei Fusion (U8652) Roms, C7 mod & root!

Maybe I am not being clear. A sim block is on the sim itself. Nothing you can do to the phone will change that. You may find a rom that does not warn you about the block, however the sim will not connect to the carrier. The sim is blocked/locked to the phone it was sold with. Only AT&T can clear a sim block on an AT&T sim.

Reactions: Abe6
Upvote 0
My phone is not sim blocked it has the network sim lock still bien i cant use it with a different carrier and the with the install of the sorry i meant to say mod not rom so anyways after this install i cant seem to get a pop up "enter netwrok unlock code" when i insert a diff sim card.is there a way to manualy input this code in the phone or by using a "*#*#-------*#" type code?

Upvote 0
I'm embarrassed to say that I'm stuck on the part where I run "instalador.bat." I press a key and it says "waiting for device." I connect the phone (by USB) while off, it turns on and nothing happens.

I have the correct driver installed as I can connect to the phone and it shows as an external drive.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
I'm embarrassed to say that I'm stuck on the part where I run "instalador.bat." I press a key and it says "waiting for device." I connect the phone (by USB) while off, it turns on and nothing happens.

I have the correct driver installed as I can connect to the phone and it shows as an external drive.

Any advice appreciated. :)
first u should turn off the phone then u press and hold both (power button + vol -Down) for 10 seconds
the instalador will detect ur phone then it asks to press any key again

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I'm EXTREMELY new to Android phones; it took me a good three days to figure out what I was doing wrong and root my u8652. Now that I have root access, how can I free up some of the very limited internal storage space WITHOUT flashing a new rom?

I've tried a couple of different apps that freeze bloatware but they didn't seem to actually DO anything; right now I have AntTek Explorer, App 2 SD, and Titanium Backup root, but I still only have 31 MB available.

Can anyone help a newbie out? Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have the AT&T Fusion or Huawei U8652 and it is rooted by using Superclick. I have tried to follow your instructions to install clockworkmod onto it, but I don't get the message "waiting for phone" at all. I'm not sure the drivers are installing right. I have an Linux and Windows 7 os. I have tried it on both.

Upvote 0
Rooting the phone and installing CWM worked fine by following the instructions above.

But now I have a different problem: when the phone is off and I plug it in to charge (either from the plug or a computer), the phone launches the CWM recovery screen.

I'm using CWM 4.0.1.4. Is there a way to set this so it doesn't boot into CWM each time when plugged in?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I finally got my AT&T U8652 functioning (as a serious 'noob' who nothing about 'root', 'unlock', and 'ROM's a few days ago. The bad news is that I have no idea how I got past the worst hurdles. Here were my struggles, as best as I can remember them.

1. The drivers link listed above is dead, and I couldn't find another one. However, on about the 3rd reboot without them, I got a diagnostic method that asked if I wanted to install a generic one (ADB?). The process worked pretty well then.
2. In every case of trying to get the Clockwork thing to run, it was a pretty difficult dance to get it to kick in. In the end, I had to hold down the Vol. Down, then simultaneously plug in the USB cable and press the power button.
3. In the Clockmod menu, I found the choices a little bit confusing. Be sure to use the one that calls for the install .zip from sd card.
4. Be sure to leave the .zip whole. You don't want to extract it on the sd card. Clockmod does that for you.
5. Unexplained issue - Once I got the button dance going, it took about 4 tries to get the mod to take. At one point it was locking up on the ATT screen, then it would alternate between two Huawei screens (locked up). Then I went through probably 2 hours of not being able to do anything (brick!). I pulled the battery out, and walked away from it for 12 hours. When I came back I was able to install successfully and have a phone really working well.

A couple of notes so far for newbies like me:
1.While the C7 rom does wipe all the AT&T bloatware, you will see a lot of apps you are not used to seeing. I am working my way through discovering what each is, and deleting if I don't want them.
2. Also, this mod allows you to designate which apps are saved to the sd card. This is what lets you work within the meager memory that came with the phone. However, I bet some apps won't like running from there, so keep an eye on which ones. For example, since I loaded Angry Birds, the phone has slowed quite a bit, so I think it's going to go away.
3. I am currently running everything I wanted to have (other than Angry Birds), and I have about 3/4 of the on board memory still available.

BRAVO to me for figuring it out, and to all the community who contributed to the mods. This phone is going to be hugely popular (until AT&T realizes they are going to lose a lot of contracts over this phone), so I expect to see a lot more cool stuff come along.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to find the best way to make the Fusion as fast and as lean as possible, and I would love to run GrooveIP for calls over WiFi. Has anyone found a good, stable ROM mod that works with GrooveIP? Should I stick with the stock ROM and try to delete the unnecessary stuff? Any thoughts or tips would be welcome (FYI, I'm new to Android phones but I was able to follow the instructions on this post - currently running the C7 benru ROM).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Can somebody help me. I can't download the clockwork mod. Everytime I try to download it it will say windows can't open the file and to open the file windows needs to know what program i want to use to open it, i tried internet explorer but it will lead me to noithing.
Is there any other link i can download the clockwork mod? please help!

Upvote 0
Can somebody help me. I can't download the clockwork mod. Everytime I try to download it it will say windows can't open the file and to open the file windows needs to know what program i want to use to open it, i tried internet explorer but it will lead me to noithing.
Is there any other link i can download the clockwork mod? please help!

When you go to download it and it pops up a window that says "What would you like to do with this file?" Click "save" not "open" it is a .rar file, you will need a program like IZArc to extract it. Once you've extracted it just double-click "Instalador" which is a batch file and won't ask which program you want to use.

Upvote 0
When you go to download it and it pops up a window that says "What would you like to do with this file?" Click "save" not "open" it is a .rar file, you will need a program like IZArc to extract it. Once you've extracted it just double-click "Instalador" which is a batch file and won't ask which program you want to use.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did save it in my computer but when i go to open it a window open up and says windows can't open the file and it will give me 2 options of what do i want to do : use the web service to find the right program OR select a program from a list of installed programs. How can I get that IZArc program? Do I have to connect my phone to my computer while downloading the clockwork mod or it don't matter? your help is greatly appreciated. =)

Upvote 0
Hey can anybody tell me how to get pass the super one click thing?
I did the #* thing and connected my phone to the computer and rebooted it.
Then i opened the thing and it says root.
So i rooted it. then it just says waiting for device.
after that it doesn't respond.:thinking:
1st of all u should make sure u installed your phone driver on computer.. and dont forget to press and hold power and volume down button

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones