• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Official LiquidSmooth Nightlies!!

Just installed the 3-13 nightly. Everything works great except one major bug. My sd card is not showing up.

SD card issues are a big problem with this phone in general, especially if you used exfat

A lot of Roms and even the philz recovery have improved the reading but if your card was in that format that was probly the issue as the s3 doesn't properly support exfat

And if ur sd is in fat32 disregard the above cause something may be up lol

Upvote 0
My problem is the sd card not mounting. It's a 64gb in exfat format. I've had no problems with it mounting in carbon, cyanogen or aosb. I'm really digging liquidsmooth though, so hopefully this can be fixed.

I believe the exfat is the issue, Fat32 is supposed to work better for 64GB cards is my understanding on the SGS3. My card is 32GB and has given me no issues, but obviously I can't give you advice based on direct experience in this case. Just flashed 3/13 build and everything is running fine, except it looks like the flashing blue reboot light issue is back, won't stop flashing until charger is briefly plugged in and then unplugged. Hopefully someone who has a 64GB card can chime in and give a more proper post based on direct experience.

Upvote 0
I believe the exfat is the issue, Fat32 is supposed to work better for 64GB cards is my understanding on the SGS3. My card is 32GB and has given me no issues, but obviously I can't give you advice based on direct experience in this case. Just flashed 3/13 build and everything is running fine, except it looks like the flashing blue reboot light issue is back, won't stop flashing until charger is briefly plugged in and then unplugged. Hopefully someone who has a 64GB card can chime in and give a more proper post based on direct experience.

I'm in the process of copying everything from the sd to my pc(going to take forever being that it's 10gb shy of full), then I'll format it to fat32 and try again.

Upvote 0

Didn't get the blue light issue this time. I dirty flashed over 0308

Upvote 0
Didn't get the blue light issue this time. I dirty flashed over 0308

Mine was a dirty flash over 3/12. I believe I saw a couple of posts in the CM11 XDA thread about it as well. No big deal, for sure, just weird. For those who liked LeanKernel v. 9.5.1 on the 3/12 build (it has since been removed as the default kernel) here is the link:

imoseyon Downloads For d2 @ AndroXfer.in

Not nearly as many options as dkp kernel, but seems to run well for me, I've been switching back and forth testing various things and no complaints with either kernel. Probably going to give BMS a shot for a little bit as well.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
Nice find for the LG keyboard struckn!!! Saw someone post it on g+ but never got around to install it. I'm with ya about the kernels...both work awesome with damn good battery! I prefer dkp since it gives me my freelunch/sio combo. Can't go wrong with either imho. Couldn't get bms to flash...think it's because I tried flashing with cwm.

BMS gave me problems on 4.3.x, lots of bootloops without even tweaking the kernel, so I kind of wrote that one off. Seemed strange too, because Gideon is pretty much the main man behind all kernel development for the SGS3 from what I can tell. KT is the one that I can't even get to boot, I believe it is an issue with how old or new (relatively) your S3 is, I know lots of other people have had the same issue from what I've seen on XDA. My favorite remains dkp, like you I enjoy the extra settings options, freelunch is the bomb for sure!

Upvote 0
Mine was a dirty flash over 3/12. I believe I saw a couple of posts in the CM11 XDA thread about it as well. No big deal, for sure, just weird. For those who liked LeanKernel v. 9.5.1 on the 3/12 build (it has since been removed as the default kernel) here is the link:

imoseyon Downloads For d2 @ AndroXfer.in

Not nearly as many options as dkp kernel, but seems to run well for me, I've been switching back and forth testing various things and no complaints with either kernel. Probably going to give BMS a shot for a little bit as well.

Now that I think about it, my phone was on the Charger this morning, so maybe that is why I didn't notice the blue light.

I could never get. Lean to boot. Must be my phone.

Upvote 0
Now that I think about it, my phone was on the Charger this morning, so maybe that is why I didn't notice the blue light.

I could never get. Lean to boot. Must be my phone.

Yeah, it's funny how out of the four main custom kernel options, different users can't get certain ones to boot but other users have great experiences. Seems like kernel experiences would be a little more consistent but oh well!

Upvote 0
Just to confirm that it was indeed the exfat format keeping this rom from mounting ex sd card. Working just fine as fat 32. Now the long wait to copy everything back to it.

That's what I was trying to say earlier lol your sd card will partially work in exfat, its not the Roms its the Samsung, Samsung stole exfat basically from Microsoft, they included it in the s3 without paying Microsoft for it, so Microsoft changed it so it won't properly function on top the fact that Samsung not paying caused them to not even get all the compression software required

Basically don't use exfat on our s3 lol

Upvote 0
How's Zen with battery/performance? I pair freelunch w/sioplus and get great results

My results are always skewed because I have a ZeroLemon 7000mAH, but I typically get between five and six days on a single charge. However, I am not really a power user-texting, Tapatalk, Google+ and a couple of other basic things are what I use my phone for. No videos/YouTube, no gaming, I don't even have a Facebook account, so that worthless app can't drain my battery, etc., etc. Currently charging my battery right now, might have to give sioplus a shot for this round and see what happens!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones