• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recent content by rootabaga

  1. rootabaga

    Interesting Articles.. post some interesting articles that other might enjoy.

    I stumbled across this article from almost three years ago and was intrigued by it on many fronts... https://thedebrief.org/a-mystery-object-left-a-bizarre-double-crater-as-it-smashed-into-the-moon-last-year-now-scientists-say-it-wasnt-alone/
  2. rootabaga

    The (Official?) “I’m Married” Thread

    I've eaten my share of Indian food, and neither "bland" nor "tasteless" are descriptions that come to mind...either she's correct about big daddy, or she's the worst cook in Asia! :D
  3. rootabaga

    Funny pictures!

  4. rootabaga

    Fatalities - 2026

    This one may be a little esoteric, but Dee Brock, a Texas teacher who later basically created the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders (including designing the first version of the uniforms) passed away September 23 at the age of 96. RIP, Ms. Brock, with condolences to your friends, family and loved ones.
  5. rootabaga

    What are you watching or streaming now?

    My wife and I just finished watching this new 3-episode series from NatGeo about the Chilean mine disaster (and rescue) back in 2010. It is excellent in all respects and we would highly recommend it. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/episode/0cd563a2-23c8-4bbf-92f2-9b50ae0c4814
  6. rootabaga

    Gas prices?

    I It is indeed crazy. $6 for regular at the generic self serve, I saw diesel at $8.75. My car requires premium, which at Costco was $6.28. it's an old car now, so if I actually fill it up I will probably double its value! :D
  7. rootabaga

    Interesting pictures

    Here's the answer: https://gizmodo.com/nasas-new-4-billion-space-telescope-just-saw-starlight-for-the-first-time-heres-what-it-saw-2000813311
  8. rootabaga

    Failures

    With apologies for the FB link...and a recommendation to not watch this close to mealtime. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2548983282086729/permalink/4531400087178362/
  9. rootabaga

    Fatalities - 2026

    The coroner has attributed her death to, essentially, cardiac arrest related to an accidental overdose of several drugs. Her death has been ruled an accident.
  10. rootabaga

    Gas prices?

    With apologies for the FB link...truckers are not having a good time of it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/675577425915990/permalink/3928119547328412/
  11. rootabaga

    Funny pictures!

    This guy goes around and puts up fake billboards on closed storefronts advertising what is next going to open. I don't condone what he does, but it is funny...
  12. rootabaga

    **The OFFICIAL Words of Wisdom Thread**

    This is long for a forum post and to be honest, I thought about creating a thread for thoughts about dealing with grief. But the reality is there are so few folks here anymore that it wouldn't gain any meaningful traction, and the primary reason I am posting this is that the author took down her...
  13. rootabaga

    Funny pictures!

    Well, at least they were healthy... :D
  14. rootabaga

    Interesting pictures

    If you know what this is, please don't give it away. If you don't, please guess what this image is...I'll post the answer in a few days. (No, I couldn't have guessed correctly.)
  15. rootabaga

    Ironic quotes

    Not a quote, but certainly ironic...
Back
Top Bottom