• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Issues

paddynski

Hi

I have a Garmin Forerunner 25 fitness watch paired with my Huawei P20 Lite phone. All works flawlessly most of the time but sometimes the watch and phone refuse to connect even though they are In range. The strange thing is that the Bluetooth icon disappears from the watch but the Settings screen shows that Bluetooth is still on. The only way I have found to get phone and watch to connect again is to turn Bluetooth off and on again on the watch. I have been in touch with Garmin regarding this and all they said is that the problem is with my phone. I find this difficult to believe because the only way to get things working is by doing something on the watch. I am no expert in those things so it could be that Garmin are correct. Do any of you have any suggestions of things I could try?

All the best

Patrick

Hi.

Sorry I'm not familiar with either of the devices but the first thing I'd try would be to unpair them on your phone and see if the problem persists when you re-pair. If the problem persist I'd lend it to a friend or family member with a different phone for a few days and see if they have the same problem. If they do then it's the watch :)

Last edited:
Huawei is famous for using Phone Manager to "save" battery. What it really is is a glorified task killer. Check the settings for something like protected apps or something like that (the name escapes me and it has been a couple years since I had a Huawei) and try to add the app that syncs to the watch there. I'm not sure if Garmin uses the Android Wear app or a proprietary one. To be safe, I would protect both.

Back
Top Bottom