• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

+ On incoming calls

Scarlets

Lurker
So I have a Verizon Galaxy S7 and I joined the AT&T network. Most (not all) of incoming calls come in with a prefix of +. So instead of 724-288-1234 it is +724-288-1234. This is inconvenient because I cannot call the number back through recent calls. I tried the assisted call settings, I had tried everything with that and even went to AT&T store to figure it out. The only thing I have found with my research is an app called 'prefixer' which is no longer available on google play store. My phone is not rooted. I feel I need to add, my phone works perfectly fine other than this and I cannot afford a new phone at this time. REV0.6 | SM-G930V | v 8.0.0

The only time I've ever seen phone numbers with +, is when they have an international country code prefix. like +1-123-456-7890 for the US. And trying to dial a + prefixed phone number without a country code is invalid, as + is assumed to be international.

Someone who knows about US carrier networks may know more.

Last edited:
The only time I've ever seen phone numbers with +, is when they have an international country code prefix. like +1-123-456-7890 for the US. And trying to dial a + prefixed phone number without a country code is invalid, as + is assumed to be international.

Someone who knows about US carrier networks may know more.

Thanks, so far I have talked with AT&T and Samsung and they cannot help me. And just as a note, I am in U.S. talking about U.S. numbers.

Back
Top Bottom