• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Basic concern about Textfiles

8nkit

Lurker
I'm a naive to android development. I'm making an app regarding digital investigating , for this project I want a feature that when the app opens it should demand that UPLOAD A TEXT FILE and after uploading and it should processed in less time and then save the same file in SORTED (alphabetically) manner.
How can I perform all this ?
Can somebody guide me in this project?

Thread moved to App Development forum.

When you say 'upload a text file' what do you mean? Where is the file being uploaded to/from?
If you're new to Android development, then you may want to start by reading the sticky posts in this forum, in particular this

Let's suppose I'm creating an app where a text file stored in phone memory which contains an unsorted list of name and I want to make such an app in which we convert this unsorted text file to a alphabetically sorted text file and store it back in phone memory.

Thread moved to App Development forum.

When you say 'upload a text file' what do you mean? Where is the file being uploaded to/from?
If you're new to Android development, then you may want to start by reading the sticky posts in this forum, in particular this

Let's suppose I'm creating an app where a text file stored in phone memory which contains an unsorted list of name and I want to make such an app in which we convert this unsorted text file to a alphabetically sorted text file and store it back in phone memory.

Have you got Android Studio installed?
YES...
Likewise we can use JFileChoosers in Java to open a text file and then apply some techniques on it like search for a particular word , sorting etc.
Is something like this possible in android application?

Back
Top Bottom