• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps icons doesn't appear in the file explorer in android 9

mm201545mm

Greetings to you all .I've got in the file explorer ( my files) an apk file. The previous version of Android is supposed to show the app icon or the game next to the application name but in Android 9 only a green space appears. Do you have this?
Is it possible to show icons in Android 9 like previous versions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-200146_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-200146_My Files.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 348
What phone do you have and what file explorer are you using? (I'm guessing it's your built in one, which is why it matters what phone you have).

I can confirm that X-plore, Solid Explorer and Root Explorer all show the icons on Android 9 (Pixel 2). So it's not that this doesn't work in Android 9, but probably a limitation of your particular app.

What phone do you have and what file explorer are you using? (I'm guessing it's your built in one, which is why it matters what phone you have).

I can confirm that X-plore, Solid Explorer and Root Explorer all show the icons on Android 9 (Pixel 2). So it's not that this doesn't work in Android 9, but probably a limitation of your particular app.

My phone 📱 is galaxy A50 and my explorer is My files (samsung explorer). Do you recommend me to try another explorer , which one? Thank you very much for helping me my dear.

I'd certainly try a different one if this bothers you (and if there is no setting in the current one to change this). Which is a matter of taste, though I personally have privacy concerns about ES File Explorer so would avoid that (and any app by Cheetah Mobile should be avoided). The three I named are fine (there's a non-root version of Root Explorer just called Explorer by the same developer).

I'd certainly try a different one if this bothers you (and if there is no setting in the current one to change this). Which is a matter of taste, though I personally have privacy concerns about ES File Explorer so would avoid that (and any app by Cheetah Mobile should be avoided). The three I named are fine (there's a non-root version of Root Explorer just called Explorer by the same developer).

My dear a lot of thanks. It is fixed by installing root explorer. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom