• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 3 XL Locking and won't unlock unless connected to Power

nhladky81

Lurker
Has anyone else had this problem?

Randomly, my Pixel 3 XL will free (Black screen, no Always On Display), and will not unlock/reboot unless I have it plugged into a power source. It has happened to me at all battery levels (50% to 95%). I try to fingerprint unlock, and it won't, try to hit the power button to unlock and nothing. Hold down the power button, and nothing. The only thing that will get the phone to unlock and "come back to life" is if I have a power source plugged in.

Hoping this is a known issue.

Thanks

Has anyone else had this problem?

Randomly, my Pixel 3 XL will free (Black screen, no Always On Display), and will not unlock/reboot unless I have it plugged into a power source. It has happened to me at all battery levels (50% to 95%). I try to fingerprint unlock, and it won't, try to hit the power button to unlock and nothing. Hold down the power button, and nothing. The only thing that will get the phone to unlock and "come back to life" is if I have a power source plugged in.

Hoping this is a known issue.

Thanks

My wife sees this sometimes with her Pixel 2 XL where it takes several times with fingerprint, and then she has to hit the power button a couple/few times.

I have the 3 XL and haven't see this. Are you on latest security patch? Patch Level April 5, 2019 ?

Back
Top Bottom