• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No Notifications

Helr

Lurker
Hello, I have a very annoying issue. I receive notifications very late all of the sudden. I was avoiding to update for a few months due to the change of the minimum Notification Reminder interval in the new android OS from 1minute interval to 3min interval.

Unfortunately I stopped receiving notification on time. Some of the notifications came hours later and it was causing me a lot of problems. I have tried EVERYTHING on the previous OS, then finally I just had to try to update in case that fixed it. It didn't. I tried again EVERYTHING on the new OS and same. Am in despair, please advice what can I do to get notifications on time.

Below I list steps I took so far for both versions of the OS aiming to receive notifications from skype and snapchat:
1. Set applications to be unmonitored for battery and memory
2. Change all notifications settings of both applications to be on (literally all options are on including sound)
3. I enabled developer options and set data to be always on, i purchased unlimited data package
4. Set wifi stability over performance
5. Installed app, "Missed notifications Reminder" to get the notifications pushed to me
6. I have tried to switch all other instances of this applications on other devices and also enabled them again for another phone and a laptop. I do not receive (for skype case) notifications on any of them
7. I disabled do-not-disturb option all together, and set both the apps to send notifications anyone
8. I set both apps to Always-On-top
9. I set Allow-App when data saver is on (even tho its off)

PLEASE. Tell me what to do, I have tried everything I can think off and still I do not receive notifications in time. (maybe after 4-5hours or never)

Thank you for your reply.

Already have factory reset the phone (but restored from backup afterwards)

Since each of those apps handle their own notifications, that would seem to indicate a general connectivity problem and not any kind of system setting. How's your signal?

My signal is have (75 to 100% strength), I even have a repeater also for good measure.

Seems the phone goes into "sleep mode" once not touched for a few hours, hibernating notifications...

Back
Top Bottom