• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is "Game Optimizing Service" app?

BIC2

Lurker
Note 4 with Android 6. What is the "Game Optimizing Service" app and can I make it stop bothering me? Recently, started to give me a notification every week or so. When I click on the notification, nothing there. There is no app to open. Cannot uninstall, cannot turn off notifications. I don't use phone for gaming. Thanks.

Game Optimizing Service is a Samsung system app (bloatware) so it can not be uninstalled and notifications can not be prevented. You'll find it under Settings > Notifications > Advanced if you tap the more icon (three dots in upper right corner) and tap Show system apps.

Note 4 with Android 6. What is the "Game Optimizing Service" app and can I make it stop bothering me? Recently, started to give me a notification every week or so. When I click on the notification, nothing there. There is no app to open. Cannot uninstall, cannot turn off notifications. I don't use phone for gaming. Thanks.
Id like to know too. Just discovered it on my phone. Not only is it annoying, but it has apparently chewed up 2gb of data in the past 2hrs!!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180401-170854.png
    Screenshot_20180401-170854.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 3,465
YOU CAN STOP IT.
Under my aps for Galaxy J3 Game Opt. ser I clicked FORCE STOP
Scroll down to permissions and notifications and slide to the LEFT
It should do the trick, don't let it do anything. So far no adverse affects.

Back
Top Bottom