• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Play Store Flashes Apps

Hi!

Ever since Friday, July 19, whenever I am reading an article in the Daily Mail Online app, the Play Store will quickly flash between 10-20 apps at me. These aren't embedded ads; the first one pops up in a small box, in the middle of my screen, graying out the article I'm viewing. Then more app ads open on top of that first one. I'll also see, in the background, a message saying Webpage Unavailable. I'll have to hit the back button until I'm back at the original article. It starts over again.

I've rebooted my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled the Daily Mail app, but it keeps doing it. Help!

If you check the playstore reviews of the daily mail app others are reporting the issue you have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721-192137_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190721-192137_Google Play Store.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 184
Yes, a TON of other users are having the same issue! Not sure if it's the app causing it, or the Play Store (probably the app). Hope they fix it quick!

It's the app, but the advertising system within they are using has gone tits up from what I gather as it seems to have started friday, when everyone has gone home for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom