• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android File Transfer - Missing files in 1 folder?

Hi,

I've been using AFT to transfer files from different Samsung devices to a MacBook for a few years now but have an issue that I haven't come across before, with my 512gb S10 Plus.

On using AFT and the standard USB Cable to access the phone's internal storage, I can see all my phones images' folders, as usual, on the MacBook but cannot see the images contained in one particular folder.

The images from folders that contain photos taken before and after the ones in this particular folder, have been recognised and transferred successfully both before and after trying to transfer the contents of this one folder!

It's almost as if these photos are hidden! To this end, I've inspected both the file names and the DCIM pathway and all seems in line with all the other folders and files that I have transferred.

I did photo-edit the majority but not all these photos and yet their file name is in line with other photos that have been placed in other folders.

I've tried using a rescan App after clearing the data in Storage Manager and rebooting a number of times.

I've also copied the photos into differently named folders on the S10 Plus but all to no avail.

I have managed to successfully uploaded all the photos to Google Drive.

Is there a simple explanation?

Many thanks in advance.

My first thought was that the folder itself might have some read protection, but if you've copied them to different folders that seems unlikely.

What if you place a copy of something you can see into one of these folders? Can you then see that file?

I have now moved 1 file from a previously visible folder into the one that wasn't and all the photos including that one are suddenly visible and transferable!

What the ...!

Any ideas, what's going on? I know AFT is not the most reliable, especially when transferring from SD Cards but that's just weird!

Back
Top Bottom