• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen menu

Perhaps, Mark. I don't use the AOD.
Also, I've never even tried to access the pull down menu, from the lock screen, until this question was asked.

It's just one of those things that happen when someone asks a question that I have a need to replicate it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Me too, but I shut off the AOD and I'm still not getting a lock screen with a pull down. You are using Nova, aren't you? Could you attach a screenshot of your lock screen. I have no idea what that is. I have a Home screen, unless it's just semantics and we're talking about the same thing.

Only when it's accessed from the lock screen. Normal opening only shows this... View attachment 143676

Opening from the lock screen opens it up to this. What illenicK wants is to get the slider.
View attachment 143677

From the lock screen I can turn on the flash light, turn on/off the sound, and to enable Do Not Disturb, but to do anything else it asks for my lock code.

Exactly! There's no way to do so?

Exactly! There's no way to do so?
This is very strange. I can use any shortcut without being asked for a code. The only thing now, is that I don't know what your Lock screens are. How do you get your lock screen to appear. I only have home screens and I have one main and 7 additional screens. Someone please show me your lock screen.

This is very strange. I can use any shortcut without being asked for a code. The only thing now, is that I don't know what your Lock screens are. How do you get your lock screen to appear. I only have home screens and I have one main and 7 additional screens. Someone please show me your lock screen.

Ok I can upload a picture apparently the screen shot is too big but the screen you get when u press the lock and unlock button it shows the time and stuff when I swipe down to get the menu on this screen I cannot get the slider for brightness on that screen I have to press the arrow to make it close half way to give me the slider if I try to do it manually sliding it up half way it does not work and just goes all the way up and closes so I would just like to have the brightness slider to appear on the complete pull down menu is this possible?

Ok I can upload a picture apparently the screen shot is too big but the screen you get when u press the lock and unlock button it shows the time and stuff when I swipe down to get the menu on this screen I cannot get the slider for brightness on that screen I have to press the arrow to make it close half way to give me the slider if I try to do it manually sliding it up half way it does not work and just goes all the way up and closes so I would just like to have the brightness slider to appear on the complete pull down menu is this possible?
Nevermind, I got it. Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately for you, I get the same pull down as with the home screen. The only difference is first I get all the shortcuts. Then when I tap the tiny arrow, I get the six shortcuts plus both sliders. So I have no idea why I get both and you don't. I'm sorry but I'll keep trying.

I just thought of something else to check. Go to Settings, Display. At the very bottom there is a box that says "Looking for something else". Tap on "Lock screen and security". There are lots of settings. Under "Select Lock Screen" I use "Pattern". Under "Password" I have "No thanks". Maybe that's it. I'm trying.

Last edited:

Can't screenshot the lockscreen, but I think you've figured out what is being discussed.

I just thought of something else to check. Go to Settings, Display. At the very bottom there is a box that says 'Looking for something else'. Tap on 'Lock screen and security'. There are lots of settings. Under 'Select Lock Screen' I use 'Pattern'. Under 'Password' I have 'No thanks'. Maybe that's it. I'm trying.

Gave that a try already I guess the phone is just like that unfortunately

No I can't it says the file is to big to upload but I have the slider on the small I get the slider on it when I press the arrow too but not on the full pull down
My slider is in the middle and my resolution is 3120x1440. But I have no idea why I always get both and you don't. I'm out of ideas for now but if I find something that I try and gives me only the one slider, I'll let you know. Sorry for now.

Gave that a try already I guess the phone is just like that unfortunately
But it doesn't make sense. We have the same LG V40. Unless the carrier has something to do with it. I have Verizon. If you use a different carrier, maybe that's the cause?

But it doesn't make sense. We have the same LG V40. Unless the carrier has something to do with it. I have Verizon. If you use a different carrier, maybe that's the cause?

Mines unlocked.. but yes I agree still stupid. i don't get how thevfull pull down doesnt have the brightness slider 😑

Mines unlocked.. but yes I agree still stupid. i don't get how thevfull pull down doesnt have the brightness slider 😑

My take on this is that the screen with the slider is called the "Quick Settings Screen/Menu". These are the things that you want to access easiest.
Mines different because those 6 are what I want there. I never even knew it was available until I found it on my old S5.

Now why the menu, from the lock screen is the full one, I don't have the foggiest idea.

My take on this is that the screen with the slider is called the "Quick Settings Screen/Menu". These are the things that you want to access easiest.
Mines different because those 6 are what I want there. I never even knew it was available until I found it on my old S5.

Now why the menu, from the lock screen is the full one, I don't have the foggiest idea.
But why does my phone have two sliders; Brightness and Volume, when yours and illenick's have one? That makes no sense to me unless different carriers have changed things.

But why does my phone have two sliders; Brightness and Volume, when yours and illenick's have one? That makes no sense to me unless different carriers have changed things.

I have the volume one too you have to add it I don't think this is a carrier thing though. So ur saying on ur full pull down menu you have both the sliders?

I have the volume one too you have to add it I don't think this is a carrier thing though. So ur saying on ur full pull down menu you have both the sliders?
Yes. Check my screenshots on the replies above. They are my full pull downs from my home screen and lock screen.

When you pull down and expand the pull down menu, click edit. Then the 3 button settings.
Screenshot_20190811-010522.png

Then this option shows up.
Screenshot_20190811-010254.png

Hey, I didn't know this, till just now.
Like I said, learn something new every day.

I believe Pitcarver solved the slider issue! Check out his post with the screenshot.

BTW, I now have a volume slider on mine. Thanks for asking the question, illenicK.

Awesome no problem!! I have already set these setting though on my phone I have the two sliders but they only appear on the half way pull down so I'm assuming this is normal it's just a pain in the ass do deal with it on the lock screen anyways thanks guys!

Is there a website or something that people can write to Google for suggestions on improvements for the Android OS??

Awesome no problem!! I have already set these setting though on my phone I have the two sliders but they only appear on the half way pull down so I'm assuming this is normal it's just a pain in the ass do deal with it on the lock screen anyways thanks guys!

Is there a website or something that people can write to Google for suggestions on improvements for the Android OS??
If you do a search for Google feedback or Google suggestions, there are a few avenues to try.

Back
Top Bottom