• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "choose an action" leads nowhere

Hey Bros,

It's been a while I'm having this problem, every app that uses this "choose an action" window to upload a file, like Google chrome in this site, ends up not doing anything

The usual pop-up window appears, but when I choose the app I want to open to choose a file (like gallery, camera or anything else) nothing happens.

Anyone knows a solution for this?

Xiaomi redmi note 4, miui 8 here

Welcome to Android Forums, Byebyejack! :)
every app that uses this "choose an action" window to upload a file, like Google chrome in this site, ends up not doing anything
Can you tell us exactly what steps you're taking, on this site, and at what point it fails? For example, are you trying to upload an image? What are your exact steps?

When did this behavior start? Was it after a system update, perhaps?

We'll try to get it all sorted out.
Hey Bros,
We're not all bros. :o :D

Welcome to Android Forums, Byebyejack! :)

Can you tell us exactly what steps you're taking, on this site, and at what point it fails? For example, are you trying to upload an image? What are your exact steps?

When did this behavior start? Was it after a system update, perhaps?

We'll try to get it all sorted out.

We're not all bros. :eek: :D

Thx for the reply man, sorry if I wasn't specific enough. For example, when using Android to post in this website, if you click the "upload a file" button, a window called "choose an action" will appear, with a selection of apps like gallery, camera, archives and etc, to choose. This popup window is what lots of apps use to have access to files, like photos on tinder or any file on chrome.

Not all apps use it though, that's how I managed to transfer this screenshot through whatsapp, and upload it here through my PC. It's "Escolha uma ação" window in the screenshot that I'm talking about. It simply doesn't work, doesn't matter what app I choose, after I do the window simply goes away and nothing happens.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 09.55.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 09.55.22.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom