• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

World Series 2023

That relief pitcher AZ used in the 9th had a 4.06 ERA. He was trying to strike out everyone by throwing heat and he was really wild trying to throw heat. The two relief pitcher last night in extra innings had +4.00 ERAs

Games 3, 4, and 5 are on tonight, tomorrow night and Wednesday night. These three games will either wrap up the series or put one team in a must win game 6 situation or wrap up the series.

The bottom of the 9th should have started off with a walk. The Ump behind the plate really blew that call. The ball was way outside and the UMP called it a strike, Total horse merde

The bottom of the 9th should have started off with a walk. The Ump behind the plate really blew that call. The ball was way outside and the UMP called it a strike, Total horse merde
I totally agree. It was a terrible call. It could have effected the outcome of the game. We'll never know.
I hate bad calls!

I watched my Detroit Lions beat up the Las Vegas Raiders last night! What a great game!
Sadly, I couldn't find the enthusiasm to watch the most mediocre world series....
And I'm a big baseball fan.
Oops, sorry I hijacked this thread about football, lol!!!

I'll be watching....
FB_IMG_1698797822238.jpg

The first of three do or die games for Arizona as they fight for their lives. Game starts in ten minutes. It could easily be the last game of the series so I'll be watching.

That's sad. I get it though. Baseball is not THE game anymore. I have no idea how or just when it fell from the top spot of sports. When I was a young man working construction, baseball was always a topic discussed.. especially this time of year. By the time I retired, 55 years later, it was never discussed.
It didn't even have any traction when the regionally close Royals were in the series. Somewhere along the way the game fell out of favor. During that same duration of time, football gained popularity.

It's easy to understand why they are trying to change the game. Revenue

Don't forget the steroid exposure turned a lot of people off when they learned these top athletes were on steroids. I went to a Cubs game and had seats behind the Cardinals dugout. Mark McGuire came out of the dugout and the first thing I thought was Holy Shit his arms are as big as my legs. Remember Roger Clemens claiming he never used steroids, but the guy who injected him claimed he was. Alex Rodriguez got caught twice.

The sad part is so many athletes that use steroids die young because the steroids also enlarge their heart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom