• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaking of the 70s,80s,and 90s, with some of 2ks era music..

Milo Williamson

Extreme Android User
Most of them I heard from the simpsons.
A few of them I heard on the radio from 70s onward,
without my hearing aids it was a giant blur,
but now with them they are all crystal clearity though.

So what era of music are you stuck with?

That's the beauty of music. It can take you back to a time or an experience or a partner or whatever in an instant. My mother loved her music and played her records and danced to them when I was little. She loved the crooners as well. Those big band tunes and the smooth singing male artists of the forties and fifties bring back big time memories to me. About middle school I discovered girls and and girls and music just go together. The music up to and a few years into my marriage all have memories attached. There were 15 years between my oldest and youngest child and all four of them loved music. I couldn't help but have some attraction to some of their era music. So... 40s and 50s I like a lot. 60s and 70s I listen to daily. Sprinkle in a bit of 80s and 90s and that's my library. I never cared for disco or rap. I was never a fan of country though I didn't dislike it. I enjoy Celtic music and I enjoy classical music.

It's not so much the years but the type. I like rock and roll from the 50's to today but not every band. I like straight-up classic country and some of the newer stuff, but not everyone. I like hard core punk, alternative, grunge, ska, new wave, electronic/machine/industrial but not all of it from every decade.
I like a lot stuff from the 70's but disco and soft rock sucks so I don't say I listen to 70's music.

I have a weirdness about country tunes. I like most of the old stuff by female artists. Not so much the male artists. The gals crying in their beer were played a lot at the bars in the late sixties and early seventies where I shot pool and chased women. My only explanation. My parents didn't do country at all and I grew up with that mindset.

Funny what you say about country, I'm the opposite. Can't stand most female singers (for most stuff actually) but love listening to guys. My mother hated it and bad mouthed it while I was growing up so I never listened but then one day discovered that I really liked it. It goes well with the Sex Pistols and Beethoven :D

It's not so much the years but the type. I like rock and roll from the 50's to today but not every band. I like straight-up classic country and some of the newer stuff, but not everyone. I like hard core punk, alternative, grunge, ska, new wave, electronic/machine/industrial but not all of it from every decade.
I like a lot stuff from the 70's but disco and soft rock sucks so I don't say I listen to 70's music.
Pretty much what I enjoy as well too, yeah but not every band or every record though.

Back
Top Bottom