• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nothing to do with Android, just hanging things

Rgarner

Android Expert
Is there some kind of push pin or similar that sticks out of the wall a longer distance? I want to hang some items that are too big/deep for the regular kind. I don't want to use even the removable hooks, just something quick and easy, and maybe even cheap.

The further a hanger extends away from the wall, the better it has to be attached to the wall. That is how gravity and leverage works. I can't think of anything that is simple and cheap that doesn't require attaching to the wall that will satisfy your quest. Multiple hooks that share common anchoring points might be the answer. They will require installing that will leave offensive holes in the wall when removed, they are not cheap, and require greater effort to install. I hope someone has something to recommend that's fits your need.

#8 Zinc Self-Drilling Drywall / Hollow-Wall Anchor

1729434386059.jpeg

images

This what they look like. They are cheap. You push and twist the nail part into the wall until it reaches the U hook. All that's exposed after installing is that U hook and the only hole left when removed is the diameter of the hanger. Here is a Lowes link to the product.

Would those work for nonpicture items? I'm thinking mostly of big hats (not baseball caps), bags, etc. They probably couldn't hold shelves.

Back
Top Bottom