• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

14 days are up on Sprint w/ HTC ONE. Other options/carriers?

dlin95123

I am finally fed up by Sprint HTC One. Coming from the original HTC Evo 4G, I am disappointed by HTC One in Sprint's network. In addition to the death grip reception problem, I also have the following problems:

1. Poorer reception: my wife's HTC Evo Shift would get 4 bars and my HTC One only had 1 bar in many locations. Yesterday, my phone did not ring and the caller went straight to my voice mail. This had never happened to my HTC Evo 4G.

2. The email stopped working for 6 hours for no reasons yesterday. It showed "login failed" error messages. I rebooted the phone but still got no email. Then it fixed itself hours later. It is very unreliable.

My 14 day trial period with Sprint will end tomorrow. I am thinking to cancel Sprint services completely. Can you guys help me with my options?

1. Verizon has the best coverage here. What phone should I get if I switch to Verizon?

2. Should I switch to AT&T and try another HTC One?

Thanks.

David

Make sure your 14th day is not today. Once you pick up the phone from sprint, that day counts as one day, so check your receipt and make sure you actually can return the unit tomorrow under the 14 day policy...

I initially went with Sprint because I was attracted to the pricing. I switched to T-Mobile and although the coverage isn't nearly as good as Verizon it's okay and I have WiFi calling when I need it. I think the Galaxy S4 is the best phone with WiFi calling but the Nexus 4 is a good value if you have good coverage in your home.

On Verizon, the One, Note 2 and S4 are all your best options at this point. However, the Moto X announcement should be any day now, but no one knows when it'll actually launch.
If you're looking for something bleeding edge, is there a used phone you could get your hands on for cheap?

The HTC One is not out on Verizon yet. I got a HTC Droid DNA. I am on the 6th day with this phone. Everything works well except the speaker phone. The sound is very choppy on both sides and hard to understand when I put it on speaker phone. Otherwise, it sounds good on the earpiece.

My wife switched to Samsung S3 on Verzion from Sprint HTC Evo Shift. Her S3 works very well so far.

I am thinking to get a replacement Droid DNA.

I had the DNA for a while, and had several replacements for issues. The 1st phone kpt giving me sim errors, and data problems, the second, the camera and speakerphone did not work, the 3rd the the camera again, and the final one that made me decide to switch devices, would not get data, and dropped calls all the time. I ended up upgrading to the GS4, and could not be happier. Everything is much better compared to the DNA.

Back
Top Bottom