• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$17 and a GPS Dongle to Transformer Prime owners

Well, hell... I threw away the box last month and I don't know where the warranty card is. The serial number is nowhere to found on the case exterior. I've never seen an electronic device that didn't have the serial number on the physical device itself.

[edit] I was able to find the S/N under Settings/About Tablet/Status.

Chief, I got the pop up on mine the other day. Interesting.
Can't say I'll go for it. Never needed GPS on it, and the few times I've turned it on, it got location pretty quickly.

Well, hell... I threw away the box last month and I don't know where the warranty card is. The serial number is nowhere to found on the case exterior. I've never seen an electronic device that didn't have the serial number on the physical device itself.

There was a sticker that came on the tab that contains the serial #. It can also be found in the tablet software under settings->about.

the serial number can be found on the device right next to the charging port.

i got the GPS dongle they offered last year and it's still unopened and sitting in a drawer somewhere, but I tried to get in on the class action suit anyway. i got denied. apparently my serial number isn't on the list. *shrug*

(I think the notification pops up on all transformer prime tablets.)

I believe that the sticker that had my serial number on it peeled off months ago.

However, for anyone having trouble finding their serial number, it CAN be found by going to:

Settings/About Tablet/Status

I already got the GPS dongle when the offered that initially. I knew about the GPS issues when I purchased, so I don't really feel cheated or anything. Debating whether I should go after the $17 or not (class action lawsuits are such a joke....$17?).

I got the dongle already and have found it not worth the effort. My wifi has always been poor, to the point I have had to add to my network to get coverage in my home where I usually use the Prime. $17.00 is getting off cheap for Asus. Other than the wifi issue I have been satisfied overall.

Well, I wonder where my dongle and cash is? I entered my info back in April and I've seen nothing yet.

Below is all that's displayed on the former claim form webpage:

The claims filing period for this case is now over. The Court has scheduled a Final Hearing on July 11, 2013.

Claims cannot be fulfilled until the Court has granted Final Approval to the settlement. Please check this website after July 11, 2013 for updates.

Back
Top Bottom