• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.3 update -what to watch out for/advanced tips etc???

uzee

Should we watch out for any possible problems etc? Anything to watchout for?

How did you do the update? Through usb cable and the sony software?

Should we watch out for any possible problems etc? Anything to watchout for?

How did you do the update? Through usb cable and the sony software?

Like before any update, do a backup first.

Backup all contacts and any other stuff you want to backup.

If you want, I would suggest deleting all userdata off the SDCard (basically wiping it clean) and then do the update.

i only saw the update issue with rogers canada carrier...all others will wipe user data when doing upgrade

back up all your data...if it possible without the backup and restore app since it is no longer found on 2.3

if your contacts where synced with your google account it will be automaticly restored after update.

other than that...enjoy! tons of new feature and the phone is faster than ever...almost good as the new dual-cores devices out lately

problem is it is not rooted and i can't uninstall some of the apps....

anyone know how to remove apps preinstalled?

There is apparently a compatibility issue between the old Mediascape framework and the new one, so if you do the update without a data wipe, your gallery/videos/music player will be constantly crashing, and fail to see pictures/video/music on the SD card.

I would recommend doing this update twice - first the default PC Companion update, and then a repair. This seems to clear up the problem, and I can now see everything from my SD card in the new framework.

Back
Top Bottom