• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32gs, questions advice

DCJ1975

Hello

I recently got the Nexus 6p and was able to get best buy to come down to $399 on the 32g. I went ahead and got it. Love this device. One of or if not the best device I've ever had. I don't download hardly anything and of course all my pics go to google drive. By the above said, is 32gs plenty of phone? I came from a iPhone 6s 128g. Nowhere even remotely close to hardly using any of all that space. Just curious of others thoughts on if I should have spent the extra $100 for the 64g?

Do you want to record long HD videos or install a lot of apps?

32gb is enough for most of people, but I have an app with 15gb of offline data, so I need the SD card. As your device doesn't have a SD card slot, you should weigh the options carefully.

I've got the 32GB 6P as well, and I'm quite happy with it.

In the old days, I needed either an SD card or massive internal storage to hold my music collection as well as the photos and videos I took on my phone.

Now, I stream from Google Play Music without requiring a giant local collection, and I use Google Photos to keep my photos and videos in The Cloud - and Photos makes it easy to remove media that's already been backed up so that I don't waste a bunch of local storage.

I've got the 32GB 6P as well, and I'm quite happy with it.

In the old days, I needed either an SD card or massive internal storage to hold my music collection as well as the photos and videos I took on my phone.

Now, I stream from Google Play Music without requiring a giant local collection, and I use Google Photos to keep my photos and videos in The Cloud - and Photos makes it easy to remove media that's already been backed up so that I don't waste a bunch of local storage.

Thanks for the thoughts on that looking at it from that standpoint. I needed to hear that as I too have the 32g but before this, I always went high gig or SD card capable. My thoughts were similar to yours. I don't download movies or music. All streamed. I've got about 75 apps total which isn't a lot. All photos are saved to google cloud. At the moment I have tons of storage left and have hardly even tapped into it. Put it this way. The storage capacity hasn't changed much from which it was out if the box.

To the other reply about 64gig. I agree with you as well. Never hurts at all to get the extra space bc more is better. In this particular case the cost difference was almost $100. So I opted for the $399 price tag. It was a tough call bc my iPhone 6s I came from had 128gs. Big difference.

$100 for extra 32gb is over priced. If your phone accepts another method of storage like external USB flash, you don't need the bigger version.

Every unused GB in your device's memory is a waste of money. And if your device breaks, the data is lost. A smartphone only needs a long life battery and a stable network connection.

$100 for extra 32gb is over priced. If your phone accepts another method of storage like external USB flash, you don't need the bigger version.

Every unused GB in your device's memory is a waste of money. And if your device breaks, the data is lost. A smartphone only needs a long life battery and a stable network connection.

Good point. At the time I was able to get best buy down to 399 on my 6p 32g. For some reason at that time the difference I suppose I was basing off of 399 vs their regular price for this 64g. I don't know if I would have been able to get them to price match an unknown seller that they typically don't for my for the 64g since it would have been a special order. I'm just guessing on that. They had the 32g in stock in the exact color I wanted and price matched for me even though she wasn't suppose to. That played a factor too for another reason I opted 32g. Plus I really wanted to stay at 400 or less so I guess at best I may have been able to get her to price match the 64g too which then would have put me at 50 difference. I just am quite disappointed that if I understand correctly being new to android that the Nexus line is gone along with their best value on the market relative to being on par with the 650 flagship devices of other companies. I assume Pixel is the new Nexus and the 650 to 700 is the new premium price which is exactly the opposite of wt least the Nexus 6p. I had the Moto Z Force too and I cannot tell a difference between it and the 6p other than the mod factor of course and the Z Force was over 700 I think with Verizon. So basically I got almost the same exact specs of the 700 Z Force for 399 of the 6p. That's hard to beat but now I guess that will not be the case anymore with Pixel being released.

Back
Top Bottom