• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G/3G issues in NYC/NJ area

rob316

Hey guys I have had the Razr Maxx for around a month and I love it. I do have an issue though. I have notcied that no matter where I am at work in Jersey City, NJ or Home in the Woodbridge NJ area, the 4G connection keeps dropping down to 3G. It stays on 4G for around a half hour and drops down again to 3G. I installed LTE On/Off and set it to LTE/CDMA/Evdo, I also have preferred set to LTE/CDMA under Moble Network Settings. I am concerned because I have a Verizon Ipad 3 4G service and it never drops to 3G, it stays at 4G all day at work, but my Razr drops to 3G. I did download the Motorola App that resets the Mobile connection and it did help for around a day, but then it started happening again. Any suggestions?

I would try a new sim card. Just go to a Verizon corporate store and they should be able to give you one. If that doesn't work then maybe a factory reset, I'm not sure if they would fix it though. Try the sim first

I would try a new sim card. Just go to a Verizon corporate store and they should be able to give you one. If that doesn't work then maybe a factory reset, I'm not sure if they would fix it though. Try the sim first

Thanks I will try the Sim Card fix. I still have my unlimited Data Plan, so I hope I don't have issues getting a new Card.

I know everywhere I read that you should keep network mode in lte/cdma but when i switched the mode to global 4g lte came right up from 3g and it has not switched back to 3g at all and even my lte has improved tremendously.

Hey Rob I'm also from the Woodbridge area and I generally hold a strong 4G signal. I would do as others say and swap your sim card out. If not maybe have them replace the phone. Good luck

Her
I know everywhere I read that you should keep network mode in lte/cdma but when i switched the mode to global 4g lte came right up from 3g and it has not switched back to 3g at all and even my lte has improved tremendously.

Spoke to soon its doing it again. Concerning the Sim swap I went to the Verizon
store and they said that it's a known issue and that swapping card won't fix it and that moto and verizon are coming out with a fix soon.

Back
Top Bottom