• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Service

Eric-VTX

So went to a graduation party 30 miles from Boston Natick/Framingham and got 4G service and it had "Good" reception...It looks like is getting closer... Sweet!!!!:D
Anyone also around the area please post to see how coverage is coming.
I live in sturbridge,Ma and know I can't get but i tried to see and got it in Natick.

Yesterday, I was driving south from New Hampshire, I got 4G service on 95 and the Masspike (I-90). When I checked again down in Raynham Ma., I had lost the signal. On the way back up I got reception again and lost it in the Burlington area.

hopefully they bring it soon to all the new england area, i think tmoible might have lite a fire under them with their roll out of hspa+ in the northeast, providence got it this month. Funny that i might have switched to them if the guy at the store was knowledgeable about the roll out in my area, i went to the store about two weeks before the evo came out looking at the hd2 but he told me it would be awhile before hspa+ came out in our area, lol. Frankly 3g seems to be fine for the EVO, you just need a good signal, i got 1.8mbps the other day at an office park i was at, but only get around 300-600kbps in most places that iam usually in, and the weird thing is the up is usually more than down, sometimes by as much as 2 times. 1.8 was perfect for steaming video and you tube, no lag or stuttering. If they just upgraded the 3g service around here i would be happy.

Back