• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4GLte Speeds Speedtest

iiAriesii

Hello!

I Am making this thread beacuse i am having trouble with my 4G Lte Speeds and i need help!

I Am running AOKP Rom, and some of the stuff you need to know is that i live in a valley so it is kind of hard to get a really good signal

Is there like a file system hack,Zip,etc? Anything!

So i was wondering how do i boost it? Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-22-04-29-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-22-04-29-04.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 119
All the carrier service providers have very detailed coverage maps. A little searching and reading can assist you in choosing the best provider for your personal needs. A visit to your local library can greatly help you with information and free resources to assist you.

The first thing we need to know is what plan you have with T-Mobile. There are two different plans that have two different features. While they may look the same there is one big difference. There are Simple Prepaid and Simple Choice. Simple Prepaid limits data speeds to maximum of 8mpbs while the Simple Choice plan does not limit the data transfer speeds . To be honest I don't know why anyone would sign up for the Simple Prepaid because the features are exactly the same except for the limited data speeds. Check your plan and see which one you have . I checked out your zip code from the other thread on the T-Mobile coverage map and it says you have excellent coverage in your area . The only conclusion I can come up with is that you are on a plan with the limited data speed . Please check and let us know so we can eliminate one of the possible problems that could be causing you to have such poor test results.

Here is a screen capture of the available plans from T-MOBILE. While they all have unlimited Data there are certain restrictions on certain plans as you can see from the areas I have highlighted. See which plan you are on and let us know so we can go forward from there. Thanks

Attachments

• 1434997073912.jpg
    1434997073912.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 94
Here is a screen capture of the available plans from T-MOBILE. While they all have unlimited Data there are certain restrictions on certain plans as you can see from the areas I have highlighted. See which plan you are on and let us know so we can go forward from there. Thanks
I Have MetroPCS, and it seems I have the unlimited data, But metro never really gave me a plan to do this selection, It just said unlimited data

See if you can dig around on the MetroPCS website and look into your plan details. There may be a data speed limit in the fine print. Although you will have unlimited data you may not get it at full LTE speeds .

You can see what data plan you are on by going into the mymetro app if you dont have it you can get it from gp if you dont pay 60 dollars a month you are probably out of data though they say it is unlimited they throttle it down to mere kbps until what they call your Anniversary daTe

I know certain prepaid plans on T-Mobile limit data speed and also throttle the data speed after you go over your 4G data alottment for the month . Like boneswippi90 stated above you should go onto the metro website and see what plan you have and if there is any fine print on data speeds . That seems awfully slow .

You can see what data plan you are on by going into the mymetro app if you dont have it you can get it from gp if you dont pay 60 dollars a month you are probably out of data though they say it is unlimited they throttle it down to mere kbps until what they call your Anniversary daTe
Ummmm..

Attachments

• 1437666758304.jpg
    1437666758304.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 81
Here's my SpeedTest result after generating nearly 80GB of traffic over a 7 day period in a mix of phone and WiFi tethered Windows PC/Android device data usage:

f648f32e06a0c0c83906f7a45e61639c.jpg

Note: I'm on the $60 unlimited plan and running AOKP. So far, Metro doesn't seem to detect the tethering, and they're certainly not throttling anything yet, so... :)

Back
Top Bottom