• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

64 gig max. Could you. Would you. Should I?

D

Deleted User

Cracking Xiaomi UK 24 hour deal.
7 hours to go.
Mi 10 Lite 5G @ £194.

It's the 6/ 64gb version. No SD expansion.

128gb version has been down to around 240 / 250 but currently 299 - 349 on Mi.com or Amazon.

5 other models on special sale over the next 5 days (iirc) but the 128gb Mi 10 Lite will not be one.

I'm very tempted - by this evening.

SD 765G. Good Amoled display. Great battery life. HP jack. Hi Res basic audio.

I don't download movies or shoot much video, my apps and music and 21gb of initial system space still leaves enough. OTG capable. Due the latest MIUI 12 or whatever. Out only 5 months? Bloatware and ads are more controllable than Realme apparently. Even Settings let's you turn ad stuff off or uninstall.

Amoled and 765G. Yummie.

I can't go too much wrong. While I have temporary work I can't lose much if the lack of storage gets too frustrating.

I really wanted the Galaxy Note 10 Lite to be restocked at the £369 a store chain were giving them out for.

This was my number 2 choice. Its competitors are from £100 more and this tested very well.

Dissuade me somebody! :thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:
What takes a big chunk of storage for you guys?

Also I look at the full Mi website on Windows tonight and first up is an advance deal on the (never heard before) Mi 10T Lite @ £199 for 64gb or £249 with 128gb.
These will have a 120hz LCD display and a new SD750G soc, also no expansion.

Anyway, there will always be something to buy around this price (200 - 300), but if I don't fall asleep I may say sod it and click for the Amoled 64gb Mi 10 Lite before midnight.

I've looked at my storage again on my 64gb Nokia (23 gb /37% used total with all my apps) while the SD card I had 16gb of music on (30 of 64gb card used) I transferred to a new Moto E6 Plus back up.
I had two factory fresh devices last month as the Nokia was out for repair and I needed a standby, and I can't fill them up.

"Regrets, I may have a few ..." either way. :p

Upvote 0
What takes a big chunk of storage for you guys?
I keep media on my phone. I don't like to rely on streaming, because (under normal circumstances) some of the places I'm most likely to use such stuff are offline, plus I like to own/control my own stuff rather than put my trust in some corporation (who, certainly for music streaming, have a business model based on underpaying artists).

I keep photos (and a small number of videos) on my phone. I will never trust some corporation to the extent of deleting my own copy and relying on their service to get it back.

I have a large volume of offline Maps. I don't want to be dependent on network availabilty (which can also be expensive when roaming), and I don't always want to give Google the information that comes from map usage. Plus OSM maps have rather more detail for some places than Google (and less for others, but for some which are important to me it's definitely more).

And I'm a bit of an app magpie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had some OSM storage for a while.

If I can have 15 to 20 gb free and keep emptying elsewhere or to a tiny usb drive I may be fine. All my music is ripped from what I own.

I lost a bunch of Photos and screenshots when I cleared the Nokia (around 9 months worth) where photos were viewable on pc through Google Photos and suddenly they were gone so no faith in Google backups, but I'm not big on photos anyway. I'll move them around to safety though.

I now have near my full compliment of apps back on the Nokia, 9.5gb, though I'm sure I had 18gb of "essential" apps/data at one stage. All those Storage screenshots are gone.

I'll be alright (he said semi convincingly) :eek:

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
I've worked it out that I should be OK as long as I carry my pc, charger, monitor and keyboard around with me for any Internet stuff :)

I could have received it at home today but will pick it up from a locker tomorrow (DHL)

Who needs apps anyway?

Now you guys stop scaring me, but keep me off the interweb so I don't see a new lowest price for the 128gb version.

I have a feeling I may swap it quickly, or I may be happy with it. I think there's a 14 day return.

I also have a new 32gb Moto E Plus (which I love) with a 64gb SD card and that's great for music, it really is!

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
My new phone has 128GB and SD storage (currently 'just' a 64GB card. I've only had the phone a few days, so don't know how it'll work out storage wise. All photos and music is on the 64GB card. and as the camera is one of those 48MPix ones, I don't think Google photos will keep the full resolution anyway. (Oh, and it has a headphone jack and USB-C (Umidigi F2 2020 6GB/128GB Android 10 - £169 on EBay)

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones