• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 802.1x eap?

OhShizzl3

Jan 5, 2011
Hey, I'm running the InsertCoin 2.0.0 rom and basically I was trying to connect to the wifi in my university and it came up with "wifi secured with 802.1x eap" ... I don't know what's going on but after searching through threads it said I needed to download a certificate to support this type of connection although Android 2.1 supports it anyway (which is confusing as I have the Desire HD Rom).

Was wondering if anyone encountered the same problems and how they overcame then?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have no idea if this will work and would appreciate it if you could try it and let me know.

Taken from HERE.

Open Wi-Fi Settings from Settings, Wireless & Networks
If need be, write down the SSID of the 802.1x network (Case sensitive)
Select Add Wi-Fi network
Enter the SSID, select security 802.1x Enterprise, EAP method is PEAP, Phase 2 authentication is None, CA certificate and Client certificate are N/A, Identity is your RADIUS or Domain Authentication username, Anonymous Identity can be left blank, and Wireless password is the password to match your RADIUS or Domain Authentication password.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones