• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 9now app not working with android 9

androidtvfan

Jun 13, 2012
UK
I'm using an A95X F3 box running version 9.0 but the 9now app just won't run. I get a network connection has been lost error message each time in a red strip at the bottom of the screen. Can Anyone with a phone or tablet running version 9.0 of android let me know if the app runs ok as I presume 9now is not compatible, it works fine with 8.1

Can you provide a play store link? I've tried searching using a browser which isn't logged in to Google (so it won't know what device I have and filter out incompatible apps) and I can't find it.

Android 9 has been out for well over a year, so if it's not compatible they must have stopped maintaining it at all.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
This is the app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.mi9.jumpin.app&hl=en

9now is the streaming and viewing app for Channel 9 in Australia. Which I don't think anyone here will be able to see and use, unless they're in Australia, as these things are usually geo-restricted.

OP I presume you're in Australia, check you've got the latest version of their app installed, if still no joy it might be worth you emailing Channel 9 support and enquiring about it. Android 9 has been out for well over a year now, so they should be supporting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and Hadron
Upvote 0
I'm getting 9now via a vpn as I'm not in Oz. I wonder why they don't support 9.0 as it's got a great range of shows including many old USA classics

I suspected they've determined that you are using a VPN and you are located outside of Oz, rather than the app been incompatible with Android 9.

I know things like Netflix go out of their way to prevent VPNs from accessing outside of their areas.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Hadron
Upvote 0
I suspected they've determined that you are using a VPN and you are located outside of Oz, rather than the app been incompatible with Android 9.

I know things like Netflix go out of their way to prevent VPNs from accessing outside of their areas.

Unlikely as I said it works fine with 8.1 and also a Minix box running 7

Upvote 0
Unlikely as I said it works fine with 8.1 and also a Minix box running 7

Do you have the latest version of 9now, installed from Google Play?

I'm thinking it should be supported in Android 9, because it's been out for more than a year, and just about all new Android devices come with it. If it didn't, there'd likely be a lot of Channel 9 viewers in Oz howling about it.

Maybe there's a compatibility issue with your A95X F3 box, rather than Android 9 generally?

The 9now app developers probably won't be interested in your case, if you're not in Australia. I can't help you of course, I'm in China, and 9now is not available at all here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I just tried this today, and found that app version 4.5.0 didn't work, no matter what I did.
Running a VPN, tried with or without, but no change, it always gave me a "Connection dropped", in red at the bottom.

What solved it for me, was to download version 4.4.1 and forget about 4.5.0.

All valid for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017), running Android 9.

Watching battlebots even as I type this, on the mobile. :)

Regards,
/Daniel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones