• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple of questions about Asus Transformer

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
I am thinking of buying an Asus Transformer and I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it possible to transfer apps and games from my phone to the Asus Transformer? My phone is running 2.2 and the Transformer has 3.0.

2. Will games and apps that I was using on 2.2 work on 3.0?

Once you get the tablet turned on and sign in to the market go to 'downloads' all of your apps should show up there. You will need to install the ones you want though (wont have to pay for anything you already purchased). Only way that i know of to transfer settings/progress of apps/games is to root and backup with titanium or a similar app (you then would need to have TF rooted and restore with titanium)

ALL apps that work on 2.2 should work on 3.0... some might appear stretched and i've heard of some apps being a little buggy with GB

Just to add to the above: I had the Xoom for about a week before taking it back.

after setting up my Transformer with my email, then opening the Market and accepting the terms and conditions, ALL the apps I had installed onto my Xoom started installing by themselves....awesomeness by Google! :)

Oh, and so far, I ran into 3 or 4 apps that did work on my Nexus One (2.3.3), but do not work on the tablet. I have lots of apps, so I would say it's about 2% of the apps I ever used on my phone that do not work.

Back
Top Bottom