• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A few questions

opalfrog

I’m currently using the Note 4. My contract is up Dec 2nd was looking forward to the Note 7. Unfortunately that’s no longer an option so I’ve narrowed it down to two options, Pixel XL and iPhone 7 Plus. So far I’m leaning toward the Pixel but I have a few questions.

How strong is the vibration notification? I can’t have my phone ringing at work so I put it on vibrate but it’s usually so weak I never notice it going off even if it’s in my back pocket.

Anyone have and regret getting a 32g over a 128g?

I have Verizon and I love the Note phones but I always hated the ton of bloatware they have. I’ve heard people say Pixel doesn’t have any or at least very little. Is this with all carriers? I would be getting the phone on the 2 year contract if that matters.

Thanks in advance

I’m currently using the Note 4. My contract is up Dec 2nd was looking forward to the Note 7. Unfortunately that’s no longer an option so I’ve narrowed it down to two options, Pixel XL and iPhone 7 Plus. So far I’m leaning toward the Pixel but I have a few questions.

How strong is the vibration notification? I can’t have my phone ringing at work so I put it on vibrate but it’s usually so weak I never notice it going off even if it’s in my back pocket.

Anyone have and regret getting a 32g over a 128g?

I have Verizon and I love the Note phones but I always hated the ton of bloatware they have. I’ve heard people say Pixel doesn’t have any or at least very little. Is this with all carriers? I would be getting the phone on the 2 year contract if that matters.

Thanks in advance

Vibration notification - that's subjective. For me, I find the vibration on my Pixel XL sufficient (it is on vibrate most of the time). My suggestion - go down to a Verizon store (or bestbuy) and try it out there.

Storage - My Nexus 6 was 64GB - when I switched over to the Pixel XL, I had used up about 20GB of that - but I don't store most of my pictures/video/music on the phone. As soon as it is backed up to Google Photos and to my PC, I delete the local copy from the phone.
If you tend to keep media on your phone, 32GB may not suffice. Look at your Note 4 - how much storage (including SD card if you use one) is in use?

Bloatware - there is none. If you insert a Verizon SIM into a Pixel, it will auto-download 3 Verizon apps from the play store - you can uninstall them in a few seconds (like like you'd uninstall any app). This is regardless of where you buy your phone from.

Why Google didn't make a 64gb version for the Pixel is beyond me. It seems to be the most balanced config for most of buyers.

You can buy a brand new 4G phone for $100.

Back
Top Bottom