• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A monitor equivalent to the iMac display?

Remeniz

Android Enthusiast
I would never buy an iMac, but one thing I do like about it is it's display. It's amazing.

What monitors, by Dell, LG, or anybody else, can match the quality of the iMac display?

Look for a used Cinema Display.

Apple sells refurbished 27" Cinema displays for $849 but you'll need an adapter as it only has a Male Mini-DP connector, or you need a computer with a mini-DP plug.

Thanks.

Is there any other makes that can match its quality?

Once you go above 1080p, they all get pricey. The 2560x1440 resolution starts at $800-$1000 even from Dell & Samsung.

The Dell (U2711) will be about $50 cheaper than the Cinema Display. But the apple one will give you thunderbolt ports which will be future proof.

Also, you will need a dual link dvi to power that resolution. a HDMI jack off a PC laptop won't cut it.

If you want something better, there are the Pro color calibrated 100% gamut specialty LCDs from HP. They start at $3000 for a 20".

Just don't get glossy imo. Thunderbolt port is a nice future proof thing. Also unless you plan on print graphic design, color reproduction is not a biggie for most people. (Some people really care about it but it's one of those things that's pretty subjective). Personally I wouldn't even worry about getting a wide gamut display. Just look for something with good reviews in your price range.

Back
Top Bottom