• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A new user, new member "hello" !

HI :)

I am in not-so-sunny California and have been "lurking" here for a few days and joined the forum in anticipation of getting an HTC Aria. I received it last Saturday and
it was great -it is great.

Unfortunately i almost immediately upgraded it to Android 2.2 via the HTC website and so I can't root the phone nor access the apps and capabilities that rooting would allow :(

I hope someone with the skills can find a way to update unrevoked to allow folks like me with Froyo on the HTC Aria to take back control -so to speak.

But I am still quite happy with the phone and its size is the overall best feature --Aslo I was worried that the 600Mhz processor would be too slow --or noticeably slow, but on the contrary I have really enjoyed the responsiveness of the Aria.

It is my first Android phone (I had the Tilt and follow on that used windows for phones and it was a different world --not nearly as good) also I picked up an APAD android 1.5 7" tablet last year in Shanghai and it is still a good news reader, but not even in the same world as the Froyo Aria.

So I am pretty happy with the Aria and still have a while to go to figure out how best to use it, but getting there seems to be half the fun in this experience.

While I really don't want to spend too much time fiddling with the phone --the fact that I can, and that it has so many capabilities is really quite enjoyable. . .

OK, that's me on an Aria (well actually typing from my Mac!) and I hope to learn in the forum threads and discussion groups and maybe get lucky and find a way to root this bad boy along the way!
:)
Markbc!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones