• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A3 Battery Performance

Hi All,
I'm relatively new to Android, having escaped from iPhone to a shiny new Samsung Galaxy A3 just last week.

I love everything about the phone - it's so much better than the iPhone - apart from one thing - the battery life.

Yesterday, as a prime example, I had the phone on me whilst at work, and, apart from sending a couple of sms, did not use the phone at all all day.

I was out in the evening until 9pm, but had to turn the phone off at around 7.30 as had just 6% battery left (down from 100% at around 7.30am). So, with VERY little use, the phone had dropped 94% battery in 12 hours.

I've since made some alterations - removed some syncing options with Samsung Account & Gmail account that aren't needed, turned off NFC, turned off 'OK Google' and a few other things, and the battery does seem to be doing better today.

Does anyone else have similar issues with this handset, and can anyone suggest any further tips / apps to help reduce battery drain?

Many thanks

To find out what is using the battery, got to settings battery,this will show you what apps / services are using the battery.
On my Nexus 5 I found switching auto brightness off and managing that myself, as I seem to set it darker than the auto setting ever did.
Post back when you have tried this.

Back
Top Bottom