• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accelerometer on Cliq XT

grrgoyl

I finally left my beloved G1 for the Cliq XT (since discovering SlideIT soft keyboard that works so well thought it was safe to give up bulky physical QWERTY phone). Also just to point out I've had the G1 for almost a year so am very familiar with the Android OS (and married to it).

I'm loving the Cliq so far, except for the accelerometer. Seems to favor the landscape position and won't rotate to portrait no matter what I do. I know some of my apps have always used the landscape, but others (like messaging and internet browser, most notably) have let me flip back and forth.

Is this a problem with v1.5, the Cliq or something else? I downloaded the app "auto rotation toggle" by curvefish based on another post here and that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Appreciate any help!

EDIT: Tried Googling instead of searching forums and seems to be a common problem, temporarily fixed by rebooting phone. Guess I can hope for an eventual update that might fix it permanently?

Back
Top Bottom