• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accessing /storage/emulated/0/ from a computer

I need to copy some files from /storage/emulated/0/ on my Nexus 7 to my computer, connected via USB. When I check the Nexus 7's folder on my computer I don't see /storage/emulated/0/

I've been able to do this once, but can't remember how.

OK, but what do you mean "regular folders"? The "sdcard" is the same thing as /storage/emulated/0.

If you are looking via MTP you are almost certainly seeing the contents of /sdcard.

OK, but what do you mean "regular folders"? The "sdcard" is the same thing as /storage/emulated/0.

If you are looking via MTP you are almost certainly seeing the contents of /sdcard.
So, if I don't see any folders with "storage" or "emulated" or "sdcard" name, how do I get to those folders if I don't see them? My top level is "Internal storage" and underneath that is "Alarms", "Android', "DCIM" (which is blank), etc. What's the USB setting I need? I tried USB Debugging but nothing changed.

So, if I don't see any folders with "storage" or "emulated" or "sdcard" name, how do I get to those folders if I don't see them? My top level is "Internal storage" and underneath that is "Alarms", "Android', "DCIM" (which is blank), etc. What's the USB setting I need? I tried USB Debugging but nothing changed.
The issue appears to be I'm not seeing all the files and folders on my PC. There are subfolders that I can see under specific folders using Astro File Manager from my Nexus 7 that are not visible under the same folders when viewed from my computer. I know with my Android phone there's a setting that will show all of the files (USB Mass Storage) versus just some of the files/folders. But there doesn't seem to be something similar for the Nexus 7

Back
Top Bottom