• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

According to VM 4.4 updates have been rolling out since 5/15

I'm getting the feeling that the upgrade cycle is a little different when it comes to Virgin Mobile. I have no evidence about what I'm about to propose,except that it fits with my observations over the past five years of being a VM customer.

Maybe HTC has a phone like the 601 in their upgrade cycle. They have a variety of carriers throughout the world that sell/use this phone. Many carriers certify and deploy the HTC upgrades as they come out. But VM just doesn't give a hoot, because an upgrade would cost money to support. So the upgrade just sits in certification. Forever.

Can any of you who have been with VM for a while recall even one phone that got a significant software version upgrade?

I believe back in the day my EVO V was OTA updated from ICS to Jelly Bean. Can anyone confirm this? My mind can't remember back that far :)

I had the Samsung intercept and they updated it ota to gingerbread, not that it helped that phone at all.

Now that I think about it the Samsung Galaxy S2 was updated from ICS to Jelly Bean

Well, I think we all can agree HTC and Virgin are slower than the 2nd coming.

On the plus side the reason for me wanting to upgrade to kit kat has magically fixed itself. My top speaker randomly not working hasnt happened for like a month (knock on wood lol).

Now i am leaning toward not upgrading to kit kat considering my phone works just fine otherwise, and id be mad if i upgraded and it broke a functionality that is working fine now (just check HTC one thread, lots of little issues that annoy people with kit kat)

On the plus side the reason for me wanting to upgrade to kit kat has magically fixed itself. My top speaker randomly not working hasnt happened for like a month (knock on wood lol).

Now i am leaning toward not upgrading to kit kat considering my phone works just fine otherwise, and id be mad if i upgraded and it broke a functionality that is working fine now (just check HTC one thread, lots of little issues that annoy people with kit kat)

Anything you did to fix the top speaker?

Nah it just randomly hasnt happened in a month, dunno lol. I suspect it is either the twitch or youtube app that was causing it but i dont know why it hasnt happened cause i still use those apps quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom