• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Active Display of Charging Status and Battery Level

eraymond

Can the Active Display indicate whether the device is charging or not?

Moto disabled the charge LED (unless you root), and I'm getting tired of having to power the device on to check if it's charging. With wireless charging it's easy to think you are charging when you are not!

Also it would be great for active display to show the % charge on the display.

Why do I need to press the power button to see this? I know when you discharge fully, active display shows a red charging indicator. How about something for the normal times?

Can the Active Display indicate whether the device is charging or not?

Not that I know of.

Why do I need to press the power button to see this? I know when you discharge fully, active display shows a red charging indicator. How about something for the normal times?

Only somebody at Motorola can answer this, but I suspect that, because active display is a low-power process using a very slow processor specifically to save power usage, they decided that this was a use case that wasn't required. I have only had a single case where I plugged in and the phone didn't charge, and that was due to a charger that wasn't plugged into the outlet properly. It's always charged otherwise. (I also have a Tylt Qi charger that is not placement sensitive and always reliably charges the device whenever I place it on.)

Honestly, though, I think that's a great idea and it's too bad it wasn't implemented that way.

Back
Top Bottom