• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Active Tiles like in Windows Phone

zwora

Lurker
Hi,

I would like to get the functionality I used to have in my previous phones controlled by WP system. It means active tiles that I could connect to seperate e-mail accounts, and on which I would be able to observe the unread emails count. I installed SquareHome 2 and Notify Unread Count apps but cannot get separate widgets for differen accounts. If I change account for a widget on particular tile, all other widgets on other tiles are changed. I could of course install different e-mail client for each accout, but I have 8 accounts to follow, so it doesn't make sense.
Any help would be appreciated.

Wow... that's going to be a trick, having 8 different accounts on different widgets all at the same time! I mean, most any email client can sync multiple accounts... but to have multiple accounts on the home screen at once? That's a trick, and I'd be surprised if any developer out there has figured it out...

But it was a standard on WP. You could have as many accounts as you needed. It is strange, that such a good and handy solution isn't copied to the most popular system that Android is. The only reason I could imagine is the possible patent for this.

Back
Top Bottom