• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ADB Daemon Mouse stutter problem

I just set up a new dev system on Ubuntu 18.04 and I've been seeing strange behavior with Android Debug Bridge (adb). When I run 'adb devices' and it starts the daemon, suddenly, my mouse movement stutters about every ~2 seconds. Nothing else seems to be stuttering (video playback is fine). If I run 'adb kill-server' the stuttering stops immediately.

Occasionally I've been having a different issue that is probably somehow related. Sometimes, it seems that my entire USB bus crashes, and any USB device plugged into my computer stops working. I can remote in and everything still functions fine. I have only been able to fix this by rebooting. This doesn't happen very often, but it has happened 3-4 times in the past few days, and only when the adb daemon is running.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't find anyone else online experiencing this and I'm not sure where to reach out for help.

Back
Top Bottom