• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Add to Home" option sends app to new home screen....

Jerry Nunez

Lurker
Okay so i recently just upgraded from S7 to a S10 plus and have been having an issue with trying to add an app to the home screen. Rather than dragging the app to the home screen they have added a option to "Add to Home" but every time i click that it adds it to a whole new screen, instead of adding it to the current home it opens a blank new one and puts it there... every time i try to use this option i am constantly having to delete blank screens and move the app to the default home screen which shouldn't happen when they have this option to do so... Has anyone had/have this happen to them? Is there a work around this other than dragging the app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

Last edited:
I feel your pain @Jerry Nunez my S8+ has been doing this for an age... it started after an OS update for me and continues to this day. Like you said the only way to control it is to drag and drop. The system ignores the blank spaces available on any other home screen..

It's not the end of the world, just annoying. :rolleyes:

Edit: I should add that if you used a different launcher it would probably fix the issue. Not sure tho as I dont currently do so. But might be worth a try if it upsets you enough.

Back
Top Bottom