• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice/input......

WildH

Android Enthusiast
For those who are using this device, how are the forcee close issues with the apps you are running? I just picked up a Toshiba thrive and like it but am getting fc issues up the wazzo. Really irritating. I'm considering taking it back and waiting for the transfirmer prime.

I have both the Thrive and the Transformer, the thrive I bought for the wife to play around on and I picked up the Transformer but she gets quite a few FC on apps, as I get the occasional one on my Transformer. Just depends on what apps you are using, Hopefully they put out some bug fixes for the Thrive for it is a nice little tablet

cant comment on which andy device is better than another but certain apps do have a habit of FC. for me its primarily the chuffing default browser with lots and lots of flash content. most of the apps i have are pretty stable thankfully, cant wait for ICS to hopefully stabalise the TF on that front.

do have a friend at work who has an Advent Vega (one of the local branded android tablets sold in the uk). same processor, less ram and storage but he's rooted and got honeycomb and his works fine. (and browser crashes as much as mine lol) so for now it seems they're pretty much of a muchness, i bought the AEPT purely for the dock :)

I rarely get force closes except for specific games. That's unfortunately how apps/Android work right now- some apps will work 100% fine on some devices, others not so much.

Experiment with what is causing it to forceclose, and then.... don't do that. :)
(one game I have on my Samsung phone forcecloses anytime I have the keyboard slid out and try to start it- OR if I accidentally slide the keyboard while it's already playing.)

Back
Top Bottom