• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Advice on repairs

Hi, my phone has been stuffing up for a while, when its in a bad mood I cant receive texts from people on the same network as me (Virgin Mobile AUS). I have narrowed it down to know the problem is with the phone because my SIM card will work in any other phone. Everything else works with my phone all the time.

Basically would this be a hardware or software problem? If its software would upgrading to one of the 2.3 android versions out there solve this? I have 2.2 on my phone now. If it is a hardware problem would i be able to get it repaired even though i have rooted it?

Had the same problem with my phone. It's a hang up between google sync and your phone contacts. What I wound up having to do (At the direction of samsung) was delete the contact from my phone and from google, then do a factory reset.

Make sure you back up whatever apps you want to keep, and export all but the affected conact onto your sd card before doing the reset.

To delete the contact from google, log in at the google search page, (this is on Chrome, by the way. It may be different on another browser) go to the cog next to your name, and click on it. click on account settings.
Under personal settings, the second option will be "Dashboard", click on the link to the right "View data stored with this account"
Scroll down to where is says "Contacts" on the left, and click on the "Manage contacts" link to the right of it. Find the affected contact, and delete it. Do the same on your phone, then do a factory reset.

I know, it's a pain in the butt, but it should fix it.

Back