• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm App with CUSTOM or SHORT timeout?

kenn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2010
I've downloaded and tried about 5 or so alarms from the market and now I'm going to stop and ask before I download more. Here is what I'm looking for:

All of the stock Droid X alarm functions (Android 2.1) PLUS an ability to change the length of the timeout. This is the kicker, though... I don't want a LONG timeout -- I want a SHORT timeout. I'd like to be able to set it at somewhere in the 10-20 second range.

Why? I'm using my phone as a day manager in a classroom setting. I need about 10 alarms during the course of the day for very specific reasons (each with their own ringtone). I need them to ramp up to maximum loudness, play for about 10 seconds, then shut off -- regardless of any action I take. Some of the alarms I've seen do allow a change to the timeout, but it's like 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes... Why not just go custom on the timeout and make everybody happy?

For the life of me, I can't find one that will let me... This feature would be highly welcome for ANY person that is working in a classroom/school setting...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones