• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All Media playback pauses

SixteenXVI

Lurker
Feb 27, 2013
For the past two months or so, I've had an issue with all Media (Netflix, YouTube, Google Music, stock media player) pausing sporadically. It's not the same as the fade in/out of a notification. I could be watching a video in Chrome, or YouTube app, listening to music that's saved on the phone or my SD card as well as streaming services and they all pause. Sometimes it resumes 20-30 seconds later and other times I have to hit play again.

I've uninstalled, updated, restarted, everything *I* could think of. Hoping someone knows what's going on.

The only thing I may be able to connect is there was a software update a few months back that possibly coincides with the issue starting. But, I have no idea. Lol

Hope there's a solution out there.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones