• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All of my application has stopped unexpectedly... HELP ME ASAP

-I'm using a LG Mytouch 4g (not the htc mytouch 4g)
-I successfully rooted the phone a week ago, and have used ninjamorph to change the battery icon 2 days ago. phone was working fine.
-i tried to change 2 other icons. i may have pasted an extra file or something into the folder because this is what happend :

-it restarted and looped. took out the battery out and turned it back on, and every time i try to open an app, the message appears "the application *blank* has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. force close.

-i'm talking every app. i can't get into settings. phone. messaging. i seen help on the subject but the solution seems to involve going to settings or connect to usb which i cant do completely.

-when i connect to the usb to my pc, debugging does turn on, usb connects but not fully since i can't turn it on using the phone.

what can i do?!

Hi khmerboi, and welcome to AF.

For root matters I'd normally recommend the device's forum, since these things differ for different phones. I'll move the post in a minute.

I don't suppose you took a NAND backup before doing this (a backup made from recovery, aka nandroid backup)? If you did you could just restore that. Changing stuff like battery icons means messing with system files, so I'd always recommend doing a nandroid backup before something like that (I've rendered my own phone unbootable with theming errors before now :)).

Another precaution would be to turn on the usb debugging option by default. However, I guess neither of those helps here and now.

If the worst comes to the worst, reflashing the ROM would fix it. However, first let's see what other MyTouch users can suggest.

Hi khmerboi, and welcome to AF.

For root matters I'd normally recommend the device's forum, since these things differ for different phones. I'll move the post in a minute.

I don't suppose you took a NAND backup before doing this (a backup made from recovery, aka nandroid backup)? If you did you could just restore that. Changing stuff like battery icons means messing with system files, so I'd always recommend doing a nandroid backup before something like that (I've rendered my own phone unbootable with theming errors before now :)).

Another precaution would be to turn on the usb debugging option by default. However, I guess neither of those helps here and now.

If the worst comes to the worst, reflashing the ROM would fix it. However, first let's see what other MyTouch users can suggest.

i do have a backup folder with the stock theme on my sd card. not sure how i would restore it.?...

Since the MOD moved this to the wrong section.. Here is link to the section for your phone. T-Mobile MyTouch - Android Forums there is no such phone as the LG myTouch 4G... even T-mobile just calls it the T-mobile myTouch
Sorry RavenWulf, but why do you think that T-Mobile MyTouch, rather than T-Mobile MyTouch 4G ATR, is the correct forum, given that the OP described the phone as a MyTouch 4G with a root-related problem?

If there is some trick do tell, as it may help me in future :)

If that's a nandroid (recovery) backup then you go to recovery and select "restore". If not then we'd need to know what type of backup it is.

how would i do that? boot into recovery mode? i've done searches, and no actual combos seem to work (hold volume down and power ect.)

Sorry RavenWulf, but why do you think that T-Mobile MyTouch, rather than T-Mobile MyTouch 4G ATR, is the correct forum, given that the OP described the phone as a MyTouch 4G with a root-related problem?

If there is some trick do tell, as it may help me in future :)

the OP described his phone as "-I'm using a LG Mytouch 4g (not the htc mytouch 4g)".
granted yes he mis-labeled his (as many LG myTouch owners do) but he did say he had the LG phone not the HTC one...

T-mobile myTouch 4G is the HTC Glacier (the phone this forum was created for back in 2010)

T-mobile myTouch and myTouch Q (slide version) are the LG phones, other than the first part of their name they have nothing in common with the HTC version

in short if they describe their myTouch as the LG version it goes to the following links LG myTouch or myTouch Q

wasn't trying to be a dick about it but they have had their own sections for awhile now

Back
Top Bottom