• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Allow access

Ere goes. Weird cos even on this, when I selected upload file on this forum it popped up asking for permission to access files. I couldn't select allow only deny but even after pressing deny it still browsed my phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160626-194213.png
    Screenshot_20160626-194213.png
    542.7 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
There is a security feature that when you have a screen overlay present, android won't let you change sensitive settings. The idea is that a malevolent app could display a benign-looking screen over the top enticing you to click but it may be tricking you into clicking on something underneath that will give more permissions than you intend or increase vulnerability that you did not intend. Normally you get an error message popup if a screen is overlay detected while you are adjusting sensitive settings, but maybe the error is missing for some reason. I would double check to see if there is any screen overlay app within running processes. Two types of apps generally have screenoverlay permission
1 app to tint the screen, for instance Twilight
2 app that displays floating helper panel partly obscuring other app running in foreground
You can also check which apps have permission to display overlay in settings

Last edited:
Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones