• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AlmostGoogle

Hi guys. Sorry I gave up on ActionMAX due to some problems I was having with system ui. But I promise you this ROM will be complete within the next two weeks. All that aside allow me to go into detail. Right now I have my phone just the way I like it, as close to vanilla android as possible (based on zte firmware at least). I plan on making a ROM with all google apps, google ringtones and notifications, google nexus 7 lollipop boot animation, SuperR's OC kernel and google now as the stock launcher. I will also be making this in two versions. One will have a lollipop navigation bar and one will just use the capasitve off screen buttons. So its your choice. Like I said this should be done in the next two weeks. I'm at my girlfriends house until Monday morning so I can't get started on it till then. Leave me some comments and let me know what you think of this idea.

*UPDATE* #1

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161891314

This is just a preview of my rom. not everything works yet and its not complete.
the big problem at the moment is that the keyboard and xposed dont work "out of the box".
easy work around just go to laguage and input and enable voice typing and use google voice to search for a keyboard apk. and as for xposed just install it. enjoy and let me know what you think.

Install instructions
1. download the zip to your sd card
2. reboot to recovery
3. wipe data to install new rom
4. install the rom
5. install any keyboard of your choice and xposed framework.
6. comment on this forum and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Here are some screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-27-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-27-29.png
    351.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-28-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-28-50.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-28-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-28-37.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-29-37.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-06-29-37.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 75
I definitely like the idea of a compete vanilla Rom, don't see the point of the navigation buttons though so I'm glad you're making 2 versions. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to try it out.

I definitely like the idea of a compete vanilla Rom, don't see the point of the navigation buttons though so I'm glad you're making 2 versions. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to try it out.
Thank you (: the reason i'm gonna include the navbar is cause i prefer it and id imagine there's some other people that would too. just wondering.. do you know how to include xposed as a system app? when i add it to the system folder it says xposed firmware isnt installed.. if youre not sure ill ask @SuperR thanks in advanced

Back
Top Bottom