• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alright guys... I need some help quick

So I have a Telus Milestone 2.2 and used Universal Androot to root it.
That was successful and I have root access.

Now I'm trying to get 2.3 Gingerbread Based CyanogenMod 7 mod running and am running into some problems trying to run the update.zip. Just lost all data on my phone to realize there is an error in what I'm doing.

I'm using this guide.. Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Milestone

I am on the step "Once done, apply SD card: update.zip." put I'm getting this error.
E:E0CD marker occurs after the start of E0CD
#:signature vertification failed
installation aborted

Someone please help me get this running. Please keep in mind that all I did was root using Universal Androot and went straight into this (that is probably my mistake.) I also have ROM Manager on my phone and just installed the Clockwork thing. Now I have no data or apps cause I cleared everything like in the instructions

Thanks

EDIT: Tried flashing following a guide and I have no idea why RSD lite wouldn't complete the flash. Anyone know a step by step guide to flash then run a custom rom that is really good?

So I have a Telus Milestone 2.2 and used Universal Androot to root it.
That was successful and I have root access.

Now I'm trying to get 2.3 Gingerbread Based CyanogenMod 7 mod running and am running into some problems trying to run the update.zip. Just lost all data on my phone to realize there is an error in what I'm doing.

I'm using this guide.. Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Milestone

I am on the step "Once done, apply SD card: update.zip." put I'm getting this error.
E:E0CD marker occurs after the start of E0CD
#:signature vertification failed
installation aborted

Someone please help me get this running. Please keep in mind that all I did was root using Universal Androot and went straight into this (that is probably my mistake.) I also have ROM Manager on my phone and just installed the Clockwork thing. Now I have no data or apps cause I cleared everything like in the instructions

Thanks

EDIT: Tried flashing following a guide and I have no idea why RSD lite wouldn't complete the flash. Anyone know a step by step guide to flash then run a custom rom that is really good?

Your mistake is running ROM Manager and installing Clockwork on your Milestone. It has been mentioned quite a few times here that ROM Manager is not working on our Milestones and that you can't install clockwork.

I'm affraid you bricked your phone and i'm not sure what you could do to get it up and running again. First would be to try with RSD Lite to flash a 2.2 rom on it again or use restore a nandroid backup from before using ROM Manager if you have one.

Your mistake is running ROM Manager and installing Clockwork on your Milestone. It has been mentioned quite a few times here that ROM Manager is not working on our Milestones and that you can't install clockwork.

I'm affraid you bricked your phone and i'm not sure what you could do to get it up and running again. First would be to try with RSD Lite to flash a 2.2 rom on it again or use restore a nandroid backup from before using ROM Manager if you have one.

Oh it's not bricked! Just had to reset it and now it is fine running stock firmware. I'm just having problems running a mod on it and am looking for a detailed tutorial aimed at modding a 2.2 telus milestone from scratch

There is one right on this forum, http://androidforums.com/motorola-m...date-milestone-android-2-3-3-instruction.html, or here at addictivetips, How to Root Motorola Milestone, Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Milestone. These are the two best guides I came across for hard rooting (no easyroot, androot or superoneclick, they do not work) and getting cyanogenmod on my phone. The only issue I had with addictive tips was that they say to factory reset your phone before you do your nandroid backup, which you actually need to do before the factory reset if you want to get your phone back to the original firmware before any mods without any lost data.

Make sure to use androidiani open recovery as well, androidiani-openrecovery - Androidiani OpenRecovery for Milestone, modded for eclair and froyo - Google Project Hosting

The latest cyanogen build is here, https://github.com/nadlabak/android/downloads

And here is the Cyanogen site for Milestone link, CyanogenMod 7 for Milestone A853 | android.doshaska.net

If you can't figure it out from here, mail me your phone with a hundred bucks (Canadian) and I will do it for you.

There is one right on this forum, http://androidforums.com/motorola-m...date-milestone-android-2-3-3-instruction.html, or here at addictivetips, How to Root Motorola Milestone, Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Milestone. These are the two best guides I came across for hard rooting (no easyroot, androot or superoneclick, they do not work) and getting cyanogenmod on my phone. The only issue I had with addictive tips was that they say to factory reset your phone before you do your nandroid backup, which you actually need to do before the factory reset if you want to get your phone back to the original firmware before any mods without any lost data.

Make sure to use androidiani open recovery as well, androidiani-openrecovery - Androidiani OpenRecovery for Milestone, modded for eclair and froyo - Google Project Hosting

The latest cyanogen build is here, https://github.com/nadlabak/android/downloads

And here is the Cyanogen site for Milestone link, CyanogenMod 7 for Milestone A853 | android.doshaska.net

If you can't figure it out from here, mail me your phone with a hundred bucks (Canadian) and I will do it for you.

The only thing I have problems with is what to do first.
Even though I already have the official 2.21 firmware from telus on my phone, can I just follow the exact steps from the first tutorial you linked? Like if I were to unroot my phone, factory reset it and only follow that guide should I be running the mod when I'm done or is there things they forgot to mention?

The only thing I have problems with is what to do first.
Even though I already have the official 2.21 firmware from telus on my phone, can I just follow the exact steps from the first tutorial you linked? Like if I were to unroot my phone, factory reset it and only follow that guide should I be running the mod when I'm done or is there things they forgot to mention?

1. Download Androidiani Openrecovery + update.zip and put both in the root of your sd card (you can also put the CM7 file and the gapps file you've downloaded in /sdcard/Openrecovery/updates)
2. Root your phone if it isn't rooted yet
3. Reboot into recovery (holding down x button), clear dalvik cache and data.
4. Go to 'Apply update' menu in Openrecovery and select the CM7 file you put there before. Once done select the gapps file.
5. When finished go back to the baseband menu if you need to apply the Canadian baseband and reboot after that (you can skip the baseband menu if you're in EU).

Back
Top Bottom