• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Also switching from Eris to Incredible

mikefla

Well i won a auction on ebay lastnight and Honestly didnt think i had a chance on winning it and man is my wife mad at me!! I have the Eris and like you guys say its a ok phone but i just want that faster speed!!! I bid 290.00 on it on ebay thinking i never had a shot it says the phone has no scratches on it anywhere and is only a month old with a clean ESN and no contract!! well like i said i won the phone and she is not happy with me lol, i guess being i just bought my eris 4 months ago. cant wait to get it in the mail and see what all this thing does over my Eris later guys Mike

Umm.. good luck with that.. Why not just wait for your upgrade and keep your wife happy? Especially with the Incredible HD not too far off? ^_^

What do you guys think my Eris will go for on ebay?? Im keeping my sd card i have screen protectors and a extended batt for it its in perfect condtion.. I think i bought it in june?

I did a quick check on craigslist and they are going from $130 to $200.
Ebay is about the same. I sold mine on craigslist about a month ago for $185 so the prices are still holding up. The Eris is a good phone if it's not buggy. I loved mine but once I got the DI it was like a whole different world.
Congrats on getting the DI

I had an Eris for about a week (as a second phone) and took it back and got the Palm Pre Plus (as a second phone. I wanted something I could use as a hotspot) and then I heard the DInc was coming out in about a week and I took the Palm Pre Plus back and got the DInc (as a second phone). I QUICKLY switched it to my PRIMARY phone and sold my Touch Pro 2 on ebay and bought a Palm Pre Plus as my mobile hotspot/another toy.

This is EASILY the best phone I've ever had! STILL haven't found a phone I'd prefer to this one over all the new phones that have come out.

Good move dude. At least when you're sleeping on the couch, you'll have something to do (playing with the new cool phone).

I did a quick check on craigslist and they are going from $130 to $200.
Ebay is about the same. I sold mine on craigslist about a month ago for $185 so the prices are still holding up. The Eris is a good phone if it's not buggy. I loved mine but once I got the DI it was like a whole different world.
Congrats on getting the DI
For a really good Eris, figure around $100 would be fair. The ones on CL are bogus for the most part, broken or stolen with bad ESNs. If it were I, keep it. Root it and use it as a backup. It's worth more like that, imo. Lay off the insurance if you're a gamblin' man, I'm not and I keep it on for about a year. But my rooted Eris is very fast and quite usable. XTR 3.0.3 is stable although I now have 4.5 on there.

I'm very happy with my jump from Eris to Incredible. The battery life is acceptable...I'm breaking in a 1500mAh battery now for a little more oomph but the 1300mAh was acceptable (made it through the work day). This phone is definitely a major upgrade in usability over the Eris. I always hold on to my last phone (the Eris will be a spare) and donate or sell the one before it (anyone need a Palm Centro? j/k)

Back