• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alternate Launcher

OzY2011

Lurker
hey guys i know its comletly off the topic..but i need major help i got a android...nd its a dell streak...um was gonna ask ..does your phone become faster if u use a different launcher..nd does rooting make your phone faster too nd better...plz casn sum1 help me..i had android phones b4 but never tohught abt rooting or switching launcher but i am considering it now..

hey guys i know its comletly off the topic..but i need major help i got a android...nd its a dell streak...um was gonna ask ..does your phone become faster if u use a different launcher..nd does rooting make your phone faster too nd better...plz casn sum1 help me..i had android phones b4 but never tohught abt rooting or switching launcher but i am considering it now..

But no, a launcher is just aesthetic. Rooting your phone does not make it faster, it only allows for more options. To make your phone faster, you would need to root it, then either install a custom ROM, or get an overclocking app.

Thanks for your help, is my phone better off not getting rooted, or is it in th elong run, because i wud use all the options it has, nd add widgets nd apps etc, only problem i dont know how to root nd etc, srry for all the trouble

Well if you are not technically-oriented, then I suggest not rooting your phone so you don't brick it and end up having to buy a new one.

Which phone do you have? Some have apps that can do one-click root, but you still need to backup your phone with titanium backup.

Oh, I wouldn't know about that phone. It is up to you. Check the Dell Streak section of the forums and ask them if you need more help.

Back
Top Bottom