• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An original Google G1, complete with the custom etching

Roaddog

I've got a very close friend who has an older brother directly employed at Google HQ in California. (I think he's a part of their graphics design team.) My friend recently had his phone crap out on him and mentioned that he was getting a hand me down sent from his brother out in Cali. Last night when I was hanging out at his place I noticed that he had a G1 sitting on the table and asked if his brother had sent him his new phone yet. He said that the G1 was it, and that it was the model that Google had given away to its employees for free when the phone first came out. Knowing that the Google N1's have a custom design on the back I flipped the G1 over to check and sure enough...

100mediaimag0005.jpg

100mediaimag0007.jpg

Thought you guys would appreciate the interesting info and picture. (I usually hang out in the eris forum, but this info would be wasted on them!)

EDIT: Crap. Epic fail in my first attempt at posting a picture. I'll try and resize it and see if I can do this without breaking the page

EDIT2: Fixed pic size and added a second one.

So are these like limited edition then because I just picked one up off ebay, i thought it was just the standard dev phone design.

Back
Top Bottom